Note: This site's version history may be incomplete and may lack significant details.
• Fixed an issue that prevented hash strings from being processed if changed after the initial page load.
• IorL now uses the
# after the root domain to process strings via the address bar, instead of
? queries. This allows for better processing of special characters in strings containing links.
• Removed "FAQ" link from
tool-only.php header, and replaced it with an external link icon that redirects to
index.php (for embeds).
• Fixed issue preventing spaces from being decoded when processing queries using the
?[YOUR_STRING_HERE] feature. Links with spaces can now also be processed using this method.
• Modified algorithm to strip
%20 from queries using the
?[YOUR_STRING_HERE] feature, allowing users to input strings with spaces using that method. Note: this feature does not work with links including spaces.
• Per u/ichankal's suggestion, added the ability to distinguish between capital
O and the number
O is now changed to lowercase
0 is now shown with strikethrough tags (thanks u/whineylittlebitch_9k for pointing out the best method of accomplishing this).
• Per u/Quant112358's suggestion, ones are now shown with strikethrough tags.
• Optimized algorithm.
• Eliminated inline styles and scripts. Modified algorithm to change elements using classes, as opposed to inline styles.
• Added the ability to invoke the algorithm using
query. It can now be used like
• Made navbar sticky. Added drop shadow to navbar to distinguish on sections with same background color.
• Added CCPA/GDPR disclaimers in FAQs.
• Commented algorithms.
• Added Yandex.Translate translation tool.
• Fixed misspelling of "sensitive" for link results. Previously, it was spelled "sensative". I'm not dyslexic, but there's a serious case here for me to see a doctor. Thanks to @cwkhawand for pointing that out!
• Added styling to support notched mobile devices.
• Changed algorithm to set unused elements for a given string to
display:none; as opposed to
display:initial; as opposed to
• Fixed element spacing issues on main pages (
tool-only.php). This involved adding new
<br> elements and modifying others, as well as adding new variables and IDs for certain elements that the algorithm interacts with.
• Added a code-style
<pre> element that displays when link results are displyed that shows the original link in plain-text form.
• Changed warning text that displays with link results to detail the added
version-history.php to include bullet points in front of each changelog item.
• Changed footer of
tool-only.php to white.
<code> tags in place of most instances of
"" in version history.
• Changed titles of each individual page to better represent the content of each page. For example, the title of
index.php was changed from
I or l? to
Home — I or l?.
speeder.js for faster image loading.
• Added version history page, added version numbers at bottom of all pages.
• Changed "number of strings processed" counter to update if and only if the counter has changed.
• Changed "number of strings processed" counter to update every
10 seconds in order to reduce server load.
• Added "number of strings processed" counter that updates every
• Reconfigured site code to process strings correctly. Previously strings would only be processed if there was at least one
i before any instances of
tool-only.php version of site.
• Added code text boxes in FAQ for embedding.
• Edited and expanded FAQ.
• Added template credits in footer.
• Added FAQ.
• Wrote initial FAQ questions and answers.
• Changed algorithm to make changed letters appear boldfaced using
• Site created.
• Template deployed from https://github.com/BlackrockDigital/startbootstrap-landing-page.
• Initial algorithm created.